We just had an election, and boy are things crazy around here! It seems like there are millions of people divided in two. It makes me so sad. We have the conservatives and the liberals, the democrates and the republicans, which isn't new, but what confuses me is the Christian Right and the Christian Left. My iPad even knew to capitalize the "Right" and "Left". It's a thing. I understand that people have their spin on the Bible, but how can we be either literal or non-literal? I'm naive I guess, I just don't get it. To me, we're not smart enough to pick out what's literal and not literal. Sure, there are parables, we know the difference. Also, for those that can't be literal because some things are just too hard to believe, i.e. Parting of the Red Sea, Noah and the ark or Jonah and the whale, well I say, isn't Jesus coming to earth from heaven, dying and rising again, plus the fact that we exists and so does everything else we see around us, aren't these things "hard to believe" for our wee minds? FAITH.
Anyways, I digress. Abortion, how can any "Christian" be pro-abortion? I get not telling people they can't do this or that, but to a baby!?! I truly don't understand. Or maybe I kinda do. Rebellion, anger, sin. People say, "well, I personally would never have one, but...". Cop out! I remember when I had to explain to my son, Jon, what abortion was. We were driving down Bouquet Cyn. He was about 9 or 10, and he asked me what it was. I remember the shame I felt, as a mother, just explaining it to him. It was like saying "our kids are really not that important to us". Even telling him that I would NEVER do that, I still felt the shame. Like all of motherhood let him down.
I've been thinking lately that I would like to ask my "pro-abortion" friends and family, "what if you knew that a baby felt the pain of abortion, would you still be pro-abortion?" But I'm afraid to ask. If they said they would still maintain their position, then I don't think I could be their friend. And I'm afraid they may be too proud to change their position based on this question.
Trust me, I know people who have had abortions. People I love dearly, and they all regret it, deeply. When is our world going to open their eyes? This is not to say that I have a handle on all of life's problems, but this one, I do.
So blessed!!!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment