Friday, March 6, 2009

Yesterday, March 5, 2009, was a glorious day. While it was sad to say goodbye to my lovely mother, knowing where she was brought so much peace and joy to my heart and the hearts of many of her loved ones.

Today as I walked past her picture on my wall I couldn't help but stop and tell her how much I hoped I would be like her, knowing it was for me that I did this. After Jesus, she is my hero. All of the testimonies spoken of her at her memorial service was true and fitting. She was the Proverbs 31 woman and I desire to live up to her legacy. Obviously she wasn't perfect, but as close as one could be in this world.

My mother had 6 children who gave her 19 grandchildren who gave her (to this point in time) 49 great grandchildren and 5 great-great grandchildren. So many of them were in attendance at her graveside and memorial. What a blessing and tribute to a wonderful woman. She was loved by many.

The posting is a picture of the grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren that were present. Only a few could not attend.

I will miss my mother, yet would never want her back as I know she is at peace and living the life that we all, hopefully, will aspire to. I can only imagine her eternal life right now and I have so much joy in knowing she is with the Lord. Better by far!

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing. You are just like her. And, with many wonderful qualities to add. I am truly one of the luckiest daughters to have been giften with you. P.S. This picture of Cole and Tommy makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete