Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Great Day with Loved Ones!

Today Katie, Tom, Bonnie, Debbie, Dave and I took my mother to visit her sister Betty and Betty's husband John. They are a dear couple and wonderful aunt and uncle to us kids. Oh, I guess we aren't kids anymore. Mom was very weak and confused, but I know that just having her there made Betty very happy. It must be difficult knowing that this may be the last time they are together and saying goodbye each visit must be hard. Knowing the uncertainty of life I suppose we should always think this way so as to appreciate our time together. It was also good to have cousin Bob there too. I can see he cares for his parents very well. Mom is in the later stages of Alzheimer's decease, but our Lord has blessed her through this. She has had what some call "pleasant demensia". The posted pictures are from about a year or so ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment