So I will talk about someone else's! My devotional today used the analogy of a butterfly...A boy had a cocoon and was patiently awaiting the emerging butterfly. One day he noticed the cocoon had a hole in it and the butterfly was struggling to shed its prison so he thought he would help it along and cut a bigger hole in the cocoon. That did help. The butterfly came out but couldn't fly as its wings were too small and its body was too large. Later the boy discovered that the "struggle" of the butterfly to shed its cocoon is what creates its strong wings and fit body. Mothers, doesn't this remind you of parenting? A great lesson of allowing our children to grow through their struggles. If they never work out their own struggles (of course with our love and support), how can they grow and learn from them? I also think this speaks of God's love for us. Sometimes I wonder why He doesn't "rescue" me or others from life's cocoons. Maybe that is why He gave us butterflies!
No comments:
Post a Comment