A great day...
Just a normal day, but maybe that's not entirely true. Tom had the day off and that is an occasion for us. We didn't do anything real noteable, but enjoyed each other very much, went to a movie and cooked (and ate) tacos together. Simple, easy day.
The Lord is teaching me new things all of the time. I am learning to just...enjoy life. My wonderful daughter recently just showed up at my door with a present. It was a simple gift, a plaque that just says "JOY". I think maybe she was trying to tell me something as I realize lately (and I guess she did too) that I have allowed my anxious thoughts to get the best of me.
Another example of what I have learned lately is...just the other day I was going through some of my mother's things and came accross a necklace with a cross on it. I have been wanting one so I thought I would love to wear hers. While putting it on I had to remove the necklace my husband bought for me several years ago which has my children's birthstones in hearts on it. I wore it continually. That necklace has always been "symbolic" to me of "keeping my children close." I know silly, but I had to remove it to put on the cross, and that is when the Lord told me, "Christ first." My family had been my "idols". I'm sure many Christian women struggle with this. I am so thankful to Him that He is soooo patient with me. I have been a believer and follower of Christ for 24 years now and it has taken me this long to see this. Read "Idols of the Heart" by Elise Fitzpatrick.
Anyway, getting back to JOY, it has been joyfull for me to learn this truth as I have shed many anxieties because of this simple action of changing necklaces. I believe sometimes God uses unexpected things as "necklaces" to speak to us. I know I will have times of worry and fretting, but I will go back to what I know is true, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7 Also..."Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Ps 55:22. I do believe that if we have the "order" right then our lives will be blessed, yet not always easy. My prayer is that God will continue to show me more of His character and His truths and that I will continue to strive to put Him first.
So blessed!!!
14 years ago
Oh this is sooo good to read and remember!
ReplyDelete